Seacoast Plants of the Carolinas, By Paul E. Hosier
A New Guide for Plant Identification and Use in the Coastal Landscape
This accessibly written and authoritative guide updates the beloved and much-used 1970s classic Seacoast Plants of the Carolinas. In this completely reimagined book, Paul E. Hosier provides a rich, new reference guide to plant life in the coastal zone of the Carolinas for nature lovers, gardeners, landscapers, students, and community leaders.
· Detailed profiles of more than 200 plants, with color photographs and information about identification, value to wildlife, relationship to natural communities, propagation, and landscape use.
· Background on coastal plant communities, including the effects of invasive species and the benefits of using native plants in landscaping.
· A section on the effects of climate change on the coast and its plants.
· A list of natural areas and preserves open to visitors interested in observing native plants in the coastal Carolinas.
· A glossary that includes plant names and scientific terms.
With a special emphasis on the benefits of conserving and landscaping with native plants, this guide belongs on the shelf of every resident and visitor to the coasts of the Carolinas.
Published in association with North Carolina Sea Grant